Report from traffic management on departure from W:O:A 2022
As always, we would like to thank you for your support during the journey. Now we want to provide you with a few practical tips in preparation for your journey home:
• Motorists should make sure in advance that the car can be started. Everyone wants to speak to the ADAC on Sunday.
• If possible, choose a time for your departure outside of the main traffic hours – especially use the early hours of the Sunday morning with little traffic.
• Only drive when you are sober and rested. The police will carry out checks in the area.
• Wet spots should be avoided.
• If a vehicle gets stuck, don't call for the towing service immediately, but first try to free the car with manpower.” The heavy tractors also damage the soil.
• If everything else fails you can use the towing assistance. Due to the nature of the camping areas, we will provide tow tractors from Sunday at 6 a.m. This service is free for you. The tractors are marked as official production vehicles. Anyone who uses the service must sign a letter stating that the tractor drivers are not liable for any damage to the vehicle. If money is requested for the service, please inform the WOA Office immediately: 04827/999 66 999.
• Follow the instructions of the stewards, traffic control and police - they will show you the best way. We use both the A23 and the A7 to travel south. In order to avoid traffic jams as best as possible, we rely on the fact that not everyone ends up on the same motorway, so follow the exit signs and only switch on the navigation system when you are on the motorway!
• On the A7 as well as on the A23 in the direction of Hamburg, there will probably be traffic delays due to construction sites. Please be prepared.
• If you are being picked up, please inform the person picking you up that it is not possible to drive onto the festival site. We ask that you use the signposted Kiss n Ride area in Wacken on Mühlenweg, the day car park in Gribbohm on Dorfstraße and the entry point in Holstenniendorf on Kirchenweg
If you are leaving by coach, shuttle bus & train or taxi:
* The shuttle buses run regularly to Itzehoe from Saturday until Sunday afternoon (last trip back at 2:00 p.m.)
* Have your ticket ready for the shuttle bus to be checked
* Please pay attention to the signs (flags) when exiting Camping L and choose the right waiting area
* Pay attention to the announcements and the video wall, the gate may change!
* Plan a sufficient time buffer for your return journey.
* The Nordbahn special train to Hamburg leaves at 4.47 a.m. on Sunday morning.
* Taxis only pick up visitors at the taxi rank near the bus station! Please only use Wacken taxis (Wacken sticker on the windscreen) and pay attention to the published recommended prices (info sticker in the taxi).
Come home safe!
W:O:A traffic team