The new W:O:A travel tool is online!
The festival is coming closer and many of you are already arranging their travel to the W:O:A. The count of information and possibilities regarding the travel adds up every year, so we decided to rework all topics and to focus them at one new portal with new features.
This new “W:O:A travel portal” gives you all the information about traveling by bus, train, plane or automobile. Also the arrival on site with the topics festival area, parking, kiss & ride, camping and hotels is handled here. (A detailed list of facts can be found below)
The Special Feature:
By entering your hometown into the search box of the integrated route planner you will get a list with all travel options like for example: Points of departure of our travel partners next to your hometown (regardless of whether bus or train) as well as links to our partner companies including their ticket reservations. That applies also companies from foreign countries - Everything at a glance!!!
Certainly it all works like a normal route planner which calculates the route by car. The added satellite map (google.maps) gives you a geographical overview about nearby offered bus or train trips like the Metal Train or Metal Travel. One click at one of the marked towns or places leads you to a list of bus and train companies which offer a ride to the festival.
All listed options will also contain the calculated CO² emissions of the travel to the festival for the respective vehicle.
In addition the detailed view of the map shows you the camping sites, parking spaces, kiss & ride places, the festival area with all important infrastructural facilities like shower camps, supermarkets, garbage bases and also all main features on site.
Also a long-range selection of hotels in and around Wacken and several external campsites are listed here.
Following a short summary of all the facts for you:
- a route planner with automatic generation of all possible travel options in direct near of the point of interest
- list of all official partner companies (including the departure points) which offer travels (including tickets if available) to the W:O:A
- route calculation and notes for travelers which arrive with own vehicles
- give or search for a ride
- information about airports and metal travel shuttle timetables
- notes, tips and travel partner mediation for international guests
- a satellite map with very helpful, marked starting points and traveling routes to the Wacken Open Air
- an additional, detailed map with the camping area, points of interest, parking spaces, kiss & ride places and a selection of external quarters.
- A CO² calculator as a gimmick which shows you how much CO² emissions can be saved if you use public transports
You can find the portal here:
or as new main menu button TRAVEL.
We are looking forward to get constructive critics and new ideas from your side (via forum, facebook and so on). With your help and feedback we will do our best to optimize the information structure of www.wacken.com in the future!
We hope we served you well with this.