- The Wacken Open Air 2021 is sold out already.
- All tickets for 2021 are electronic tickets - the dispatch of these is currently still in planning. Please don't ask when it starts - you will get all the details in our news as soon as it starts.
- The paper tickets that you can see in the communities from time to time are purely decorative items!
- You still need a ticket or have one left? Please wait for our official ticket exchange! Buying or selling tickets on eBay or similar sites is not safe.
- As always, tickets were sold exclusively via Metaltix.com and our travel partners, the exchange was done via the platform tickets.wacken.com.
- The review of the submitted tickets is almost finished. If there are still problems here, we will contact you!
- The refund of tickets is also almost completed. Again, we will contact you if we need more information regarding the refund.
- The shipping of merchandising items is running at full speed - more than 1,000 packages leave our shipping center every day.
The ticket personalisation binds a certain person to a ticket for Wacken Open Air. This is done via a connection of the visitor's name and the ticket.
The registered name will be compared with the visitor's identity card at the festival. Admission will only be granted in case of matching names.
So if you have ordered 5 tickets for you and your friends, you have to assign each ticket to different name in the form.
It is our declared goal that you will not have to pay anything for the refund of W:O:A 2020 and the direct new purchase of W:O:A 2021 tickets. Using digital tickets help us to avoid the high postage costs, that arise from sending 75,000 tickets.
However, digital tickets can be insecure. Personalization is therefore helping us to combat counterfeiting. It prevents fraud and also prevents resale at usurious prices.
At the same time, digital tickets enable us to speed up the overall process for all parties involved.
A name-change will be made possible by us in the near future. A reasonable fee will be charged for the costs we incur.
Unfortunately, there is no standardised regulation here, as each offer comes from a different company. Please get in contact with the respective provider to clarify which possibilities exist for you.