Inclusion at Wacken Open Air 2019
As always, we will do everything we can, to provide all visitors with an optimal festival experience. This also includes the best possible inclusion of metalheads with handicaps.
On our information page W:O:A with Handicap you will find all information about this topic. At this news we will concentrate on a short overview, which contains only the most important rules and measures.
- A camping ground close to the stage, the Wheels of Steel-Area, is kept free for metalheads with disabilities and their companions.
- Accompanying persons can visit the festival free of charge, if the handicaped metalheads has a medical or official certificate.
- In the Wheels of Steel area there are many offers, such as a repair service for equipment, an assistance service and an ambulant care service.
- Wheelchair-accessible showers and toilets are available at several locations on the site.
- In front of a total of five stages there are platforms for wheelchair users.
- A number of fixed paths will be created to support the mobility of all visitors.